We all need a little inspiration sometimes…
I’ll admit it. Some of our earlier video marketing efforts weren’t great. But, after a lot of reading, of chatting with the people in the know, of attending events and seminars, we’ve come to a point where we know what tone we’re shooting for.
Our mission with our videos is to be helpful, humorous and human. Sounds simple right? But we didn’t reach that point over night.
Over the past few years we’ve been learning more and more about using video for marketing. Here’s a few quotes that really struck a chord with us.
It’s advice we try to live by in our own video marketing. Hopefully you’ll find it useful too:
1. “Marketing that educates and informs is always more persuasive in the end than marketing that boasts or sells too hard.” – David Carpenter, Connection Model
2. “Make the customer the hero of your story” – Ann Handley, MarketingProfs
3. “Traditional marketing and advertising is telling the world you’re a rock star. Content Marketing is showing the world that you are one” – Robert Rose
4. “You don’t have to reinvent the wheel; you just need to share your unique perspective on why the wheel is important” – Jon Ball, Page One Power
5. “How can you build a house without a blueprint? The answer is: you can’t. In the same way, a video without a storyboard is like a house without a foundation.” – Han Lung, Vidaao (The Secrets of Successful Storyboarding)
6. “By creating and publishing remarkable content in the form that educates, informs, inspires and entertains, marketers can begin to build relationships” – Jonathon Lister, LinkedIn
7. “Smart brands don’t use their ads to interrupt the conversation. They become the conversation” – Barney Worfolk-Smith, Unruly Media (Video Marketing: The Science of Video Sharing with Unruly)
I’m sure there’s plenty more learning we have left to do. Plenty more tips to try out and advice to heed. What do you find particularly inspiring for your own video marketing campaigns? We’d love to hear more – share in the comments below.